Tuesday, August 2, 2011

It was the end of a decade...but the start of an age

I have this big group of friends or "barkada" that I met somewhere in between my freshman year of college and now.  Although some of them are better friends than others, it was nice seeing and spending time with everyone whenever I could.  They were, honestly, a big part of my undergraduate life.  But as college progressed and others graduated, friends started growing older, moving out of the city, and on with their lives.  This past weekend I went to a party because the last few people from this barkada are moving out of the UIC campus so they thought we should all get together one last time.  It was kind of bittersweet.  It was nice seeing people that I haven't seen in a while, but I know this is going to be the last time we all get together.  I feel like I am beginning something new.  Leaving some friends.  Keeping a few.  Ready to meet a bunch of new ones.  Some of these people only made a slight impact on my life, but an impact nonetheless.  Looking back, I have a lot of good memories, and for that I am thankful.








No comments:

Post a Comment