Friday, June 1, 2012

All Used Up: May

I have gone through quite a few products this month, mostly because I was holding on to several half-empty bottles both at home and at my apartment.  Let's take a look...
Jergens Original Scent Lotion: This is my all time favorite lotion and I am constantly repurchasing it. In fact, I have a brand new bottle in my bathroom right now.  Its not too thick, makes your skin feel hydrated, and and I can never get enough of the cherry almond scent.
Jingle Bellini Bath and Body Works Shower Gel: I got this product for Christmas, and I didn't really care for this it too much.  Although it worked well and lathered well, the smell reminded me of cough syrup.  You can find products of similar quality for much cheaper that have a more pleasing smell.
Equate Strengthening Nail Polish Remover: This is just your standard nail polish remover.  It's cheap and gets the job done.  It does, however, have acetone in it.  Also, it claims to be strengthening which I can not really vouch for.
Big Sexy Hair Root Plump Plus: I am always trying ways to get more volume into my hair. This works really well and I continue to purchase it because I have yet to find anything better. It has a mouse like texture that I work into my roots before I blow dry my hair.  Even though I get it at a discounted price from Nordstrom Rack, it does tend to get a bit pricey so I have cheaper options for school and work and such.
Clean and Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser: I left this at my house and just rediscovered it when I got back from school.  I really like it.  It gives you a tingly sensation that makes you feel more refreshed when you use it so that you are under the impression that it is working well.
Mane n Tail Conditioner: My mom has been buying this shampoo and conditioner for years now.  She loves it.  It was formulated for horses but, obviously, can be used for humans.  Many people make claims that it makes their hair grow quicker.  Although I can say that I feel like my hair is stronger when I use it, I am not convinced that it is growing quicker. One downside is that this does not really have a nice scent to it and I prefer for a shampoo scent to linger in my hair throughout the day.

My mom has been gathering Clinique products from the gifts that come free with purchases since I can remember.  I am trying to make a conscious effort to use up the ones that are just sitting in a bag in the closet.  Just off the bat, these are made for sensitive skin and none of them are scented.
7 Day Scrub Cream: This scrub works great.  The beads are the tiniest that I have felt in a scrub but are packed together so that I still feel like it is working.
Rinse-off Eye Makeup Solvent: This remover is just okay.  It gets most of my makeup off.  However, it does not get rid of waterproof mascara so I would probably not consider purchasing the full sized product.
All About Eyes Rich: This is an effective moisturizer although I do prefer the original all about eyes which is more of a gel consistency.  I do not think that it did anything for dark circles or puffiness but it is hard to tell from just a small amount.
Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser: This cleaner works well on my skin.  It leaves it feeling clean and gets rid of some of the oiliness.  I have not complaints.
Softymo Nose Pore Strips: These are my favorite pore strips.  They get the job done well without making it feel like I am ripping my nose off.
Pur-lisse Pur-protect Essential Daily Moisturizer: I got this is my glam bag.  It's just allright.  I don't have much to say about it really.
A couple of samples from Lush
Vanishing Cream: This moisturizer is nothing extremely special to me but it felt light and worked well.  It is good  for the warmer months although I love my clinique and am not really willing to swap it out for this one.
Tea Tree Water: I really like this toner.  My impression from the sample is that it worksnwell without the burning alcohol sensation that other toners have.  I am considering buying the full bottle next time I go to lush so that I can develop a fuller opinion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment