Sunday, July 1, 2012

all used up: June

Wow. I feel like June absolutely flew by. I am one to say that about every month, but I feel strongly about this month in particular. Although, I think I finished up more products that any normal person would. I guess I made an extra effort to use up half empty bottles that have been laying around for quite some time.
Hair
Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Conditioner: 
This is my favorite conditioner.  I have repurchased it many times and will continue to repurchase it until I find something better.
Keracolor Natural Color Enhancing Leave-in Treatment:
This treatment is supposed to enhance dimensional highlights for all hair types. I can't tell if it actually did that from this one sample, it may or may not have worked. However, I will never use it again because it smelled of harsh chemicals and my hair had never felt so oily.
Garnier Fructis Syle Surf Hair Texture Paste: 
This is simple to use when I want extra texture in my hair. I have already repurchased this product and will continue to use it.
Aussie Hi Hold Hi Shine Hair Spray: 
I bought this hairspray for my mother because the store was out of the type she typically uses. She did not like it so she gave it to me to use up. I also don't like it because it leaves my harir really stiff with no flexibility so I am glad I was able to finish it up to move on to better things.
John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo and Conditioner:
I was pleased with this sample, but it is really hard to develop an opinion without getting more uses out of it. It smelled good though.
Clinique same thing goes as last month, I have a lot of samples that i am trying to finish up
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion: 
This is something that I continually buy. I have been using it on my face since I can remember. It feels so light on the skin and doesn't leave your face oily so you can easily put makeup on top of it.
Clinique 7 Day Scrub Cream:
I really enjoy using this scrub. It has tiny exfoliators that feel incredibly gentle on the skin and I truly feel like I can use it everyday.
Clinique Clarifying Lotion:
This toner is step 2 of the Clinique 3 step system. I like it but I don't love it as much as the moisturizer. I am hoping to try new toners to find on that I really enjoy.
Clinique Pressed Powder in Transparancy:
I've had this for ages and I liked it until it started to get too old and wasn't the same consistency as it originally had been. Bear in mind, I did have it for years. From what I can recall, it works well and blends well with the skin.
Clinique Moisture Surge: 
This is really lightweight and I like to use it when I need some extra hydration in my skin.
Other
Lush Face Mask in Cupcake:
It's no secret that I love lush face masks. This one really smells like a chocolate cupcake and works well on my oilier summertime skin.
Botanical Choice Nose Pore Strips:
I had high hopes for these pore strips because they are black which provides a good contrast for my whiteheads. But these smelled awful, especially with it being so close to my nose. It also left residue making me think that it didn't work too well.
Maybelline Baby Lips in Peppermint: 
I am a huge chapstick person, especially peppermint chapstick. This made my lips really soft and I like that it has SPF 20.

4 comments:

  1. i love lush face masks too! catastrophe cosmetic is my absolute favourite!

    you have a great blog, definitely following!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lush face masks as well! And clinique skin care products!
    Girl Meets Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those lush facemasks are indeed great! I love them too.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete