I'm heading to Florida in about a week for my sister's graduation so my family decided to make a vacation out of it. We're renting a place right on the coast by some of the most beautiful beaches around. Needless to say, I'm extremely excited. There is sure to be a lot of swimming and I hope to come back with a tan to last me through most of the fall.
I know this may be a little late for some, but I wanted to talk about some of my essential vacation products if you plan on heading somewhere sunny. It turned out to be a lot more than I expected so I am splitting this up into two different posts. Let's start with hair and skin...
1. Sunscreen- This is pretty much a no brainer. Nobody wants skin cancer, right? SPF 30 works fine for me because I have darker skin, but if you are a bit fairer go for the heavy duty stuff. I will probably pick up some waterproof sunscreen in the near future as well.
2. Dry-Touch Sunblock- Most sunscreens tend to be on the oily side so I like to use something different on my face. I have a few decent sized samples of this which I have been trying out and really liking. It provides more protection than my normal sunscreen and you can use it by itself or under makeup just fine.
3. Aloe- Just in case you happened to get a bit burned, aloe is lovely to rub on those areas that need a little soothing. Store it in the refrigerator to give it an extra cooling effect.
4. Body Butter- UV light can be very drying on the skin. Body butters help to add a deeper hydration when necessary.
5. Scrub- Exfoliation is key to healthy looking skin, and I will be showing a lot of skin. I have been using this product for ages both on my face and body. This scrub can get a bit rough on the face so I try not to use it every day but my elbows and knees are fair game whenever.
6. Anti-humidity hairspray- Most of the time, in warmer weather, I want to get my hair up and out of my face. I love how this hairspray holds strong without making your hair hard and keeps frizziness in control all day long.
7. Hair texturizer- Beach hair is absolutely gorgeous. A little bit of this product and your hair will hold for whatever you decide to do after.
8. Gel based moisturizer- This helps your skin feel hydrated without weighing you down. It's a must in the summer for me.
9. Cleanser for oily skin- Sweating and humid weather traps dirt and oil in your skin more than usual. It is nice to have a cleanser especially formulated to tackle oils.
10. Razor- I like to keep myself smooth and hair free. These Venus disposable razors are my favorite because they are fantastic quality without having to buy a long term razor. I am commitment phobic when it comes to anything so these are perfect for me.
until part two...