To follow up my hair and skin post, I wanted to include some of my favorite makeup and nail products for summer vacation.
1. Bright nail polish- for most of summer, in general, I try to incorporate as much color as possible in my face, nails, and clothes. Painting my nails a bright color is an easy way to do so. I am really liking yellow toenails at the moment because it makes me feel more youthful and carefree and coral nails which a still bright but a bit more subdued and polished.
2. Bright lipstick- this goes back to the color principle. Orange lips look fantastic with just a loose fitted white tee and denim shorts. I hate wearing something drying on the lips so these Revlon Lip Butters work really well for me.
3. Bright blush- yet again, another way to add color. This NYX cream blush is so vibrant in the pan but looks amazing on tan skin. Dabbing a small amount on with a brush helps it to last all day without being too oily and melting off so it works more like a stain than a cream.
4. Chapstick- an absolute necessity anywhere I go especially with SPF if you plan on being in the sun. Burned lips can be a day ruiner. I have a love hate relationship with this chapstick. I love how it is gigantic and has SPF 20, but I hate how it leaves a weird taste in your mouth. It'll have to make do for now.
5. BB Cream- I would normally go with a tinted moisturizer but I caved into the BB cream hype only because it has SPF built in. I don't have a strong opinion on this product yet because I have only used it once, but from the one time that I did use it I was upset at how oily it left my skin.
6. Bronzer- This is gross but if I get too tan my skin starts to look an ashy grey color. Bronzer helps to restore a nice glow to my skin. I am loving this NYX matte bronzer for contouring. It looks amazing without having to fork out them big bucks.
7. Waterproof mascara- probably the only real makeup that I wear to the pool or beach because I love long, thick lashes. I used to use this mascara ages ago and just rediscovered how much I like it recently. It makes my lashes gigantic, helps them hold curl, and stay put until you use a really nice makeup remover.