Saturday, August 4, 2012

All used up: July

Things got a little busy so I didn't get a chance to post this earlier. Yet another month, yet another empties. Enjoy!!



1. Aquafresh Triple Protection Fluoride Toothpaste:   I'm going to start off with probably the most boring product. I wanted to include it for completeness and because I sometimes have opinions on toothpaste. With this one I do not. It's pretty much your standard mint toothpaste, no bells or whistles.
2. Bath and Body works Pleasures Moonlight Path Body Splash: I got this product wayyy back in high school as a gift. These are basic body splashes that are refreshing and leave a light scent. This scent in particular is supposed to smell like lavender, roses, violets, and musk. I didn't like the smell at first but it has grown on me and is nice to have when you want to smell a bit more mature and not like fruits or cupcakes.
3. Mane n Tail and body Shampoo: This is my mother's favorite shampoo and conditioner brand so we always carry it around the house. I think I talked about it last month or the month before. It doesn't have a fantastic smell, but it makes my hair feel stronger and, supposedly, makes it grow longer.
4. Herbal Essences Set Me Up Mousse: I use this to get a bit more volume in my hair before I blow dry. I picked up this version when they were out of my usual orange kind at the drug store. It smells like the original Herbal Essences. I like it, but I like the orange one better. Hopefully I can pick that up next time.
5. Biore Pore Perfect Nose Strip: It's a basic nose pore strip. I like it, it works. There are better, there are worse. I'm still in search of my favorite.
6. Clean and Clear Oil-Free Deep Cleansing Astringent: This worked wonders to clear up any sort of major break outs that I had in the past. However, this is by far the harshest astringent I have ever used. I would have to fan myself frantically after every time I used it in order to get rid of the burning sensation. It's not worth it in my opinion.
7. Lush Grease Lightning Sample: I love this stuff. I can't wait to purchase the full sized product. I just put it on any sort of spots that I have and they clear up overnight. It may be worth paying extra compared to my normal aspirin treatment, especially because you use such a small amount.
8. Lush Celestial Moisturizer Sample:  To me this smelled like milk and honey. It is a basic facial moisturizer without anything that really stands out. It did work well and felt lightweight on my skin.
9. Lush Cupcake Fresh Face Mask: I've spoken about how much I love Lush face masks before. This one in particular works well to combat oil, especially in the summer, and smells like your dunking your head in chocolate. Delicious. As much as I like these, I do struggle to use them up before the expiration date. I may try out the one mask that Lush makes which does not require refrigeration next time I get the chance.
10. Clinique Rinse-off Foaming Cleanser: I really like this cleanser. It gets rid of oils nicely and makes my skin feel really clean without drying it out.
11. Lush Herbalism Cleanser: This is also a really nice cleanser. I don't use it every day because it can be a little too stripping, but it works well to combat any extra oil from workouts or summer weather.
12. Clinique Take the Day Off Remover: This is one of those makeup removers where you have to shake the product to mix the aqueous and oil phase. It works really well to remove eye makeup which can be the most stubborn. I do find some residual waterproof mascara left in the morning, but I have yet to find a makeup remover that completely cleans off my lashes.




No comments:

Post a Comment