Monday, August 27, 2012

my thoughts: jillian micheals cleanse

Not too long ago I saw a pin on pinterest for jillian michael's recipe to lose 5 pounds of bloat in 7 days. I was skeptical at first but I decided to give it a try because it seemed relatively low risk and who's not down to beat the bloat? 

I could't find just dandelion root tea at Walmart so I used a combination detox bag from yogi. My initial reactions were that the flavors were bizarre together. It's not something that I can pinpoint but it just tasted weird to me. It did get better throughout the week, though, and it definitely tastes better really really cold. 

I had been stuck on a certain weight for many months and within the first two days of this cleanse I managed to drop three pounds. My stomach looked flatter and I felt more confident without changing much else than drinking this throughout the day. Unfortunately, that was the extent of the effect. I gained my weight back at the end of the cleanse and I was back to my original weight in no time.

I understand that this is a temporary diuretic and for that use only, I think that it worked well. It's definitely not something that I would recommend long term but if you are looking for a quick fix for an event then try it out. I don't think that I would do it again because I can't get over the taste, and the peeing every hour is quite inconvenient.

On the plus side, my tea bags had a few really good quotes so I'll leave you with some of those:
  • Strength does not lie in what you have. It lies in what you can give.
  • You will feel fulfilled when you do the impossible for someone else.
  • We are here to love each other, serve each other, and uplift each other



No comments:

Post a Comment