Saturday, August 18, 2012

Where you can see The Hulk, Popeye, Harry Potter, the red fish, and even the blue fish all in one day

Islands of Adventure is one of my favorite theme parks around Orlando. Since Amy gets discounted tickets through school, Jeff hasn't been at all, and I haven't been to Harry Potter World, I jumped at the opportunity to go.
Funny story about this picture, there was supposed to be the Islands of Adventure Tower in the background. That was the whole point of taking the picture. I guess the guy taking it didn't really understand even though we had just taken theie picture for them in front of the tower.

I think I most look forward to riding the Hulk when I come here (that's what she said). It's my favorite ride and I love when the line cuts down to fifteen minutes in the afternoon and I can ride it multiple times in a row.
The Spiderman ride is my second favorite. They got new "night vision goggles!" I think we should be models.
Another funny story...I took this exact same picture a few years ago but didn't understand what it was supposed to be so my legs are going the wrong direction and I have a look on my face that makes no sense. This one came out a lot better.
Harry Potter World is beautiful and I felt like a child at Disney World the entire time I was there.  The shops and streets are designed to make you feel as if you are actually at Hogsmeade and even include butter beer and every flavored beans. I had heard that the ride makes you dizzy so I wasn't sure if I was going to like it going in. I actually thought it was a lot of fun as long as you don' t let your head bang around too much. I didn't even mind waiting in the line because you take a trip through Hogwarts which had a ton of stuff to look at.







I had to ride the carousel. It's a staple at every theme park.
If you have the time, the citywalk before you enter Universal or Islands of Adventure can be just as fun. I have been wanting to hit up Margaritaville ever since I saw it in Vegas. They had really good live music which almost always gets me to want to stay at a place, plus the nachos are ridiculous. Just a heads up if you plan on going, we thought that we would be able to see the fireworks from here but we only caught a glimpse of the tops of a couple.

They also have some really cute shops to look around in. Amy said that this reminded her of me and I think it's adorable. If I had the money to spend on a mug I would spend it on this one.
There was also this shop called Art by Amy which had some of the most amazing jewelry charms and pieces to look at. You can customize your own bracelets and necklaces which I thought was really cool. It's definitely worth the time to look around. Here is the website if you want to check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment